Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 15 mins
Yield: 1 loaf
3 ripe bananas
1/3 cup melted butter (or 1/4 cup vegetable oil for substitution)
1 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
3/4 cup sugar
1 large beaten egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1.5 cup flour
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line the 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl. Don’t worry if it’s lumpy, it actually adds more flavour to the bread.
- Add the melted butter and beaten egg. Mix well.
- Add the baking soda, salt, sugar, vanilla to the mix.
- Whisk in the flour and make sure it’s well combined. Pour the mixture into the baking pan.
- Bake for 50 mins to 1 hour until the toothpick test comes out clean.
- Wait for it to cool completely. Banana bread is best served after it’s chilled in the fridge.