Preparation Time: 4 hours
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 4 hours 30 mins
Yield: 4 servings
1 lbs chicken breast or thighs
2 large cloves of garlic, minced
1.5 tbsp lemon juice
0.5 tbsp olive oil
1.5 tbsp Greek yogurt, plain
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 tsp salt
Pinch of black pepper
- In a bowl, combine the garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, Greek yogurt, dried oregano, salt and pepper. You can also use a Ziplock bag.
- Add the chicken and marinate for at least 4 hours, up to but no more than 24 hours. I found around 12 hours is the best.
- When you’re ready to cook, take the chicken out of the fridge 10-15 mins before.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a cast iron pan and cook the chicken on medium heat. Do not crowd the pan. Watch the chicken closely as Greek yogurt marinade tends to burn easily. Depends on the thickness of the meat, it should take about 6-7 mins per side.
- Let the meat rest at least 10 mins before serving.