Preparation Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 30 mins
Yield: 1 loaf
1/2 cup milk
1 tbsp grated lemon zest
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 cups + 1 tbsp all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup blueberries
1 stick unsalted butter, soften
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350F and set an oven rack in the middle position. Spray 9×5 loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, lemon zest and lemon juice. Let it sit for 10 mins while you prepare for the next step.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the 2 cups of flour, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, toss the blueberries with the remaining flour. Set both aside.
- In a bowl, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 mins. Scrape down the side of the bowl every so often. Add in the egg, 1 at a time and mix well after each addition.
- With the mixer on low speed, beat in a third of the flour mixture, then half of the milk mixture. Mix well.
- Add in the next third of the flour and the remaining of the milk. Mix well. Then add in the last third of the flour.
- Fold in the blueberry gently and mix well, ensure the blueberries are evenly distributed.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 50-60 mins or until it passes the toothpick test.
- Let the cake cool before cutting into it.