Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
Yield: 4 servings
2 lbs of shrimp, fresh or frozen.
1 spring of green onion, chopped
3 cups water
2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp vegetable oil
- Clean, peel and devein the shrimp
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the shrimp for 10 mins.
- After the shrimp is cooked, strain the water. Pat the shrimp dry.
- In a food processor, add the shrimps and pulse 2-3 times until the shrimp becomes small, gritty texture.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat, add a tablespoon of oil and the shrimp.
- Stir it around constantly to avoid sticking and burning.
- Add the salt, sugar and the green onion, then mix well.
One thought on “Tom Chay (Toasted Shrimp Flakes)”